Position Summary: Perform personal care attendant re-evaluations for current consumers. Maintain regular communication with appropriate BCIL personnel on individual consumer cases and programmatic issues related to the personal care attendant program. Cities and towns needing coverage include: cities and towns in and around greater Boston, southshore, Northshore and metro west. The contact for this position is the Staff RN.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct PCA re-evaluations and return all information to BCIL as soon as completed and contact the PCA Program Assistant if you are having any difficulty reaching consumers for appointments
- The primary function of the Independent Consultant will be to schedule appointments and present reports on completed services in a timely manner with appropriate documentation. All work must be legible and completed in full.
- Provide timely written documentation of re-evaluations along with delivery service logs within 30 days of receipt.
- Maintain regular contact with BCIL staff and consumers.
- Report incidences of suspected abuse/neglect by caregiver to appropriate agency within twenty four hours of receipt of information as mandated by state law.
- Attend bi-annual nurses meeting at BCIL to review updates/changes to the PCA program
- Other related duties as may be assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Current license as a registered nurse in the state of Massachusetts.
- Ability to complete a minimum of re-evaluations in a timely manner.
- Experience working with adults with disabilities preferred.
- Willingness to adhere to consumer directed philosophy of independent living.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; detail oriented.
- Ability to maintain consumer confidentiality, adhering to standards of medical ethics and federal and state privacy laws.
- Flexibility and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to travel the greater Boston area and gain access to homes that may be inaccessible.
- $75.00 per completed evaluation.
- Mileage at the current IRS approved rate.
Email cover letter and resume to:
Boston Center for Independent Living, Inc.
60 Temple Place, 5th Floor
Boston, MA 02111-1324
BCIL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation is provided as needed for employees and other affiliates. Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE) checks are part of BCIL’s standard procedure.
To apply for this job email your details to BCILemployment@bostoncil.org