Position Summary: A full time, benefited position, providing support to the Director of Operations and Development at BCIL’s Downtown Crossing location. Will work regularly with senior management team, programs and BCIL administrative team. This position demands strong customer service skills, ability to work with systems implementation, and a creative/problem solving person who can multi-task and balance projects. Role requires a high level of confidentiality and sound judgement.
- Serve as human resource generalist assisting with all human resource activities in an organized and appropriate manner which could include, but not limited to, preparing employee files, orientation packets, communications, reports, and posting of available positions on various platforms.
- Assist in the oversight of office technology which includes, but not limited to, phone systems, mailing operations, server and network maintenance, distribution of remote technology (laptops, cell phones, etc.), assistive technology, support to staff in these areas, and other related items as assigned.
- Coordinate document storage, recovery, and destruction for both the Downtown Crossing and Fields Corner offices
- Coordinate between BCIL’s Downtown Crossing and Field’s Corner offices requested supplies, facility issues, accessibility and equipment needs.
- Assist with special events and campaigns from development to logistics to execution and follow-up. Attendance at events required.
- Provide support to various special projects as requested by Director of Operations and Development.
- Provide general administrative support as requested, including phone switchboard coverage during lunch hours, sick days, or vacations.
- Be a guardian and ambassador of the BCIL image and brand.
- Maintain schedules for the Executive Director and Director of Operations and Development for maximum efficiency.
- Coordinate BCIL equipment inventory at the Downtown Crossing office in conjunction with the admin staff in Fields Crossing.
- Work on organizational communications tools including BCIL website, social media, e-blasts, press releases and media contacts.
- Assist with all development activities using Salesforce.
- Assist with website maintenance and accessibility using WordPress.
- Assist with reserving meeting space and identifying additional space considerations throughout the Greater Boston area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least one year’s experience providing administrative support in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of disability rights and independent living philosophy. Lived experience with disability a plus.
- Confidentiality and HIPAA compliance mandatory.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to provide thorough attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills. Ability to work as a member of a team, be a creative problem solver and deliver exemplary customer service.
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience with Salesforce, MailChimp and WordPress a plus.
- Ability to effectively complete reports and required documentation.
- Ability to manage time effectively and carry out projects independently, within a team setting.
- Ability to travel within the BCIL service area as necessary (no car required).
- Fluency in one or more of the following languages a plus: Spanish, Haitian Creole, Cape Verdean Creole, Portuguese, or Mandarin.
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
40 Hours – Full Time
- 2 weeks paid vacation (increases with length of service)
- 2 personal days
- 12 holidays
- 12 sick days
- Health, dental, (75% paid by agency). Short-term disability, long-term disability, group life insurance 100% company paid.
Salary: $45,000 annually, depending on skills and experience
Email cover letter and resume to: BCILemployment@bostoncil.org
Or apply on our web site at: bostoncil.org/employment-opportunities/
BCIL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodation is provided as needed for employees and other affiliates. Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) and List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE) checks are part of BCIL’s standard procedure.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com