- This event has passed.
Educational Series for Aging Caregivers of Individuals with Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities
November 29, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
On November 29, 2022, BCIL’s Maura Donahue – Community Living Program Coordinator will be presenting at the Arc of Massachusetts Educational Series for Aging Caregivers of Individuals with Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities. Maura will be providing an overview of Supports Offered for Aging Individuals with Disabilities and their Caregivers. You can register for this, or any of the other sessions at www.thearcofmass.org/lexington.
With generous funding from The Dana Home Foundation of Lexington, The Arc of Massachusetts will be offering an Educational Series for Aging Caregivers of Individuals with Developmental & Intellectual Disabilities during the months of October and November.
These sessions will focus on topics of interest to families and caregivers including overviews of legal and financial planning, medical issues and supports for individuals with disabilities as they age, Options Counseling and various available community supports.
All sessions will be held at The Lexington Community Center, 39 Marrett Road in Room 139 from 10:00 – 11:30 AM on the following dates:
- Tuesday, October 18: Special Needs Legal & Estate Planning
- Tuesday, October 25: Financial Planning for Special Needs
- Tuesday, November 1: Medical and Developmental Issues Related to Aging with Disabilities
- Tuesday, November 15: Department of Developmental Services Presentation on Meeting the Needs of Older Caregivers
- Tuesday, November 22: Local Transportation and Options for Community Access
- Tuesday, November 29: Overview of Supports Offered for Aging Individuals with Disabilities and their Caregivers
Sessions are open to the public. Please register in advance of the session date. Additional information on each session and speaker will be available at www.thearcofmass.org/lexington.
This calendar is a public service and does not constitute endorsement by BCIL of other organization’s events.