#ADA30Boston Call to Action!
A Call to Action on the 30th Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act!
There is no better way to mark three decades of the ADA than to act for greater integration and independence for people with disabilities. We urge you to take the following steps:
- Register to vote! The deadline to register for the September 1st Massachusetts primaries is August 22, 2020. For information on how to register to vote click here. The heralded disability rights leader Justin Dart proclaimed “Vote as if your life depended on it—because it does!”
- Take the 2020 US Census! Accurate census counts tie directly into the state, cities and towns funding that support vital services for the state and cities. The deadline to take the census is October 31, 2020.
- Support independence, dignity, and health for those in nursing homes! The ADA grants the right to live in the most-integrated setting. Over 5,300 people have died in Massachusetts in four months of the pandemic.
- Contact Governor Charlie Baker at (617) 725-4005 or click here to email.
- Contact Senate President Karen Spilka at (617) 722-1500 or click here to email.
- Contact House Speaker Bob DeLeo at (617) 722-2500 or click here to email.
- Tell them to support real homes, not nursing homes, as thousands of persons with disabilities and elders languish in a facility for want of an affordable and/or accessible home.