BCIL Marie Feltin Award Ceremony
This event honors individuals and institutions who exemplify the pioneering spirit of the late DR. MARIE FELTIN, a tireless advocate for disabled and chronically ill patients. Marie was a founder of Boston’s Community Medical Group, East Boston Health Center’s Home Care Program and the Urban Medical Group, neighborhood healthcare services that focused on encouraging patients to become actively involved in their care as a critical means to bettering their health. Marie was always available for her patients and was a modern day pioneer in providing medical care to society’s most neglected and vulnerable populations.
The ceremony is held in support of BCIL, and as a tribute to Marie’s legacy, which epitomizes BCIL’s mission of empowering individuals with disabilities to take control of their lives and live independently. BCIL promotes the CIVIL RIGHTS of all people with disabilities and our ENERGIZED ADVOCACY and SERVICES support and help create EQUAL ACCESS to healthcare, affordable housing, accessible transportation, and ADA compliance for thousands of Greater Boston residents each year, leading many to jobs, an education, and SELF-SUFFICIENCY for themselves and their families.
Watch Marie’s story and learn more about BCIL’s Annual Award Ceremony:
BCIL Marie Feltin Award Ceremony 2017
Friday, March 24, 2017 6:00 – 9:00 pm
Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel – Grand Ballroom
138 St. James Avenue, Boston
- Robin Callahan – Leader in Public Service Dedicated to Advancing Access to Quality Health Care
- Jeff Keilson – Lifelong Innovator and Champion of Self-Determination for Individuals and Families
- Disability Policy Consortium – Advocates for Disability Rights: About Us, By Us
Contact Susan Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org for sponsorship opportunities.
- Kate Nordahl – Spirited Leader for Innovative Medicaid Policy & Programs in Massachusetts
- Neil Cronin – Tenacious Activist &Strategist for Disability, HIV, & Poverty Issues for Three Decades
- Peggy Johnson and Lauren Easton – Inspired Champions & Designers of Community-Based Mental Health Services at Commonwealth Care Alliance
Photos from the 2016 BCIL Marie Feltin Award Ceremony
Laura P. Brelsford
Leader for Equal Access & Inclusion in Transportation
Jean Flatley McGuire, PhD
Leader for consumer-driven public health & disability policy
Leader for housing and disability rights and super soccer mom